Random BSOD, screen freezes

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some advice/help for a problem I've recently been having with my PC. For the past 1 or 2 months, I've been getting screen freezes and intermittent BSODs, particularly while gaming. I found this weird because I haven't upgraded or changed anything in the system in a few years now.

my system specs are:

intel i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz/1.33V (load temps with prime95 are 60C)
corsair vengeance 1600mhz 8gb ram
nvidia GTX460 (stock clocks, 78C load temp)
MSI PG67A-G43 Mmobo
seasonic 620W psu

most components are less than 3 years old, I think the GPU is about 5 years old now.

obviously my first thought was to test the memory, which I did. The RAM passed 10 hours of memtest86 with no errors, and also passed my mobo's built in memtest utility. my PSU seems to be supplying steady power. I did manage to get the system to freeze while running prime95 the first time, however I've since ran it 2 more times and I can't get it to produce any errors yet.

the problem generally only occurs while gaming, so I thought my gpu might be a problem. took it apart and reapplied thermal paste, temps dont go above 78C. I know the gpu is still old, so could this be causing the problems anyway?

any advice/direction would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a few .zip files with my minidumps

Attachments

• Dump Upload.zip
    594.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Dump Upload2.zip
    411.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Dump Upload3.zip
    15.5 KB · Views: 1
There are minidumps from 2011 up to this month 2014 pointing to the boot drive... What is the boot drive? SSD or? The power supply is or may be getting a bit weak...

Back