Random BSODs, dumps attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gawd

Alright, for about 2 weeks now my PC has been getting random BSOD's.
It's been getting more and more frequent until the other day the Computer wouldn't start, but it gave me some beep codes. I determined the beep code meant faulty ram, so I removed the bad ram module. I was hoping that would of fixed my BSOD problems but today I just received another one. It's driving me crazy.

I've attached some Mini Dumps if someone could lend me some help. :)

Ive included PC specs in my profile and made it viewable.

* also, since they began I've uninstalled Free AVG as I saw thats a common culprit for BSODs.

Attachments

• minidumps.zip
    160.2 KB · Views: 1
All six of your files have different error codes which from experience is a good sign the issue is with memory corruption. In particular you have error code 0x19 and these are usually caused by faulty, mismatched, or corrupted memory.

The other error code is 0x4E: PFN_CORRUPT_LIST which is probably the single strongest error code for corrupted memory.

Run memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Thanks for the info. I ran memtest a few days ago with all the ram in for about 12 passes.. left it over night. No errors.

I'll try one stick at a time. Like I said, 1 stick I already determined was faulty as when I put it in I get a beep code indicating memory error and it wont boot.

I'll do the memtest one at a time and see, maybe more of them are bad.

Thanks again, i'll let you know how it goes.

Update time.

Ok.. tested each stick of memory seperatly in DIMM 1. They all ran for at least 7 passes.
No errors reported, even on the one that wouldn't allow me to boot before.

So I decided to put all the memory back in. It booted up fine. I checked in everest, and it looks like DIMM4 isn't being shown. Does this sound like maybe my issues are arising from the motherboard?

Nope.
In both Windows and the BIOS the Ram module isn't being recognised in DIMM 4.
Even swapped the sticks.

This would explain your error codes.

How old is your motherboard? Check for bulging capacitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back