Random BSODs on new system driving me nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkWolf8592

BSODs while playing some games

I just recently built a new system at the beginning of the month which contains a: Intel Pentium D 925 3.0Ghz, EVGA nForce 650i Ultra mobo, 2gb (2x1gb) DDR2 800 OCZ Memory, ATI Radeon HD 3870 512mb. Ever since I've tried out some games on this system, I've been receiving blue screens! The time it takes for my PC to blue screen varies from game to game. As of now, I'm at loss when it comes to what exactly is causing these BSODs... :(

My most recent BSOD said this: "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007e (0xc0000005, 0xbf18773b, 0xaaa9ab34, 0xaaa9a830). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini012408-05.dmp."

I'll try to upload my 3 most recent minidump files for anyone who's willing to help me out (please?). :wave:

Thanks for replying. I'll go ahead and see what my voltages are at.

EDIT: It turns out that my RAM voltages were set to "auto" in the BIOS and were only running at 1.8V. I raised them to 2.1V, which is the highest voltage they can go up to. Do you think that 2.1V is a good amount?

My RAM is actually the Gold Rev.2 and not the Platinum version you linked to, but they essentially have the same specs. Yeah, it says that my RAM's voltage should be between 1.95V-2.1V and it was lower. That could've been my problem all along. I'll test out some of my games later today when I have some free time. I'll keep you posted.

Well at first, everything was working perfectly. No games were crashing, freezing, or even BSODing (if that's a word). Unfortunately, after a certain amount of time of playing Rainbow Six: Vegas, my PC froze up and restarted. After that, my PC wouldn't finish booting, it stopped loading once it hit the desktop, nothing would continue to load after that part... So, thanks anyways for trying to help me out, but sadly, I'm going to have to reinstall Windows now and hope everything works O.K. after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back