Random BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer has been getting completely random BSODs. This problem happened before a few months ago, and I found out that the capacitors on my graphics card were leaking, so I had that replaced and it worked out fine. Now, however, is the same problem. Randomly, my computer will shut down with a BSOD, and I checked the graphics card, and all the capacitors are fine. What can I do to stop this problem?

Have you got any Bugcheck Codes or MiniDumps?

You can start by running Memtest86.

Memtest86 Instructions
Download the pre-built version of Memtest86 (Link Below) and burn it onto a CD using ISO Recorder (Link Below) other ISO burning software will work as well (E.g. Nero). After this boot off the CD and start the test going and let it run for 3-5 hours (Minimum of 7 Passes) or Overnight which is best.

Memtest86 - http://www.memtest.org/
ISO Recorder - http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

What exactly is a Bugcheck Code or a minidump? Sorry, I'm new at this, and I'm not sure about much of the terms. I can try the Memtest tonight and see if anything is wrong.

A Bugcheck Code or Stop Error Code is displayed when a BSOD occurs these will be something Like this 0x000000A or something to that effect.

A MiniDump is what is recorded when a BlueScreen occurs these are Found in this Filepath - Start > My Computer > Local Disk C: > WINDOWS > Minidumps > "Your Minidumps will be here".

htt p://willhostforfood.com/ ?Action=download&fileid=32293

OK, those are the last 6 Minidumps for my computer.

4 of those 6 MiniDumps list "memory corruption" as the Cause this is normally caused by Bad Device Drivers or Software. 1 of those MiniDumps list a Norton Anti-Virus Driver, could you try Uninstalling Norton and also use the Removal Tool on their Website to remove any remnants. The MiniDumps all cite Firefox as the Process Name so Norton would be involved in your Browser since it will monitor what Websites are or your Email Scanner.

You could try a Alternative like AVG or Avast or Avira for a Day or 2 and see if that works. And post back if you still have the problems

OK, the problem seems to have gotten better over time so I stopped asking about it, but recently it's gotten worse again and now there is at least one BSOD per day. I have the last 8 minidumps here uploaded, just to see if it is the same problem. I would like to avoid uninstalling Norton, just because I have a deal with my ISP that gives it to me for free, and it really hasn't caused any problems.

www .megaupload.com/?d=67CXTDEK

^^ Those are my last few minidumps. Thanks in advance, and any help is appreciated.

I don't know of anyone here who will log on to megaupload. Youy can Zip file up to 5 of your most recent minidumps and I am sure someone will read them.

I would like to avoid uninstalling Norton, just because I have a deal with my ISP that gives it to me for free, and it really hasn't caused any problems.

Well it might be causing you trouble now. Try Avira Personal Edition, I prefer it as Norton was always too intrusive when I used it in the past, AVG is bloatware.

[EDIT] Avira PE is free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back