TechSpot

Random failure that caused a temp login?

By MEENone
Oct 29, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well my computer never had a problem. I always kept it up and clean. Well long story short, I needed a number to call and the number was on a biz card on top of my monitor. I called my mom to get the number for me and I come home turn on my monitor and I have a one sentence message telling me that I have a failure of some sort. I leave my computer on and just turn the monitor off, i know bad thing to do. Graphic designer hope you understand.

So I couldn't do anything, but shut down my comp manually. I rebooted it and a system recovery began to run asking questions like would you like to go back to a previous time and do you want to run this, its gunna take an hour or more to do and so on. I ran it to be on the safe side. Everything loads up, I go to log in and my desktop is the default of vista and only few icons. Now nothing was lost, a pop up in the tool bar below said that it was unable to load my user and I was assigned a temp and to contact the admin. also it said that once logged off of the user anything I've done will not be saved, I tried logging out and back in, same thing occurs. Luckily nothing was lost, but I made a new user and was just going to transfer my old stuff to the new one. I had FF setup with the new profile with my bookmarks toolbar to the forums I visit alot and never logged out, got back on after school and everything was reset...?

I want to be able to get back to my original profile so I don't have to do transfer everything. and plus I want to know what happened.

Yea short story huh? sorry...anyone know of this problem? First time I ever seen this...

thanks guys!
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,436   +218

It might tell us a lot if you could share what that message said.
  3. MEENone

MEENone TS Rookie Topic Starter

I don't remember what it said. I just remember that it said FAILURE.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.