Intel Duo 1.8
1GB 5600 DDR2 (one stick)
GeForce 7600GT PCi Express
MSI P965 Neo (Mobo)
Hiper 450w PSU
1 x Maxtor 40GB IDE HD
1 x Seagate 80GB IDE HD
1 x Samsung 160GB SATA HD

I have random resets particularly when using 3d apps/games. Also on occasion when watching DivX movies/Episodes.

Now, before you say Heat!, I have monitored my system carefuly and the cpu never goes above 45C and the GFX above 55C.

I have recently upgraded the power supply to a Hiper 450w as initially I thought this may be the root of the problem.

The resets themselves are the equivilent of a hard reset, i.e. signal message from monitor e.t.c. restart e.t.c.

Medieval 2 and Oblivion are prime crash candidates although Civ4 even spacked out a few times so seems graphically orientated.

Any similar problems?

It's driving me nuts!!11.

Help... somebody

Moo.

Which drive is your primary or master drive?
What is the brand of the memory? Sometimes value ram or other cheap memory will cause this...

Its 1GB of Rendition ram.

My primary atm is the Maxtor. The SATA is a new addition today but this problem goes back about a month when i put it together.

Ok heres the whole story.

Had a P4 which started to exhibibit these exact same resets so thought something was on its way out so decided to upgrade the lot. apart from the Maxtor HD and the Seagate HD.

So its practically a new build doing exactly the same as the system i just replaced (including case). Seriously soul destroying :)

Ive run prime 95 for an age and not come up with any memory errors. The reason i seem to think its the gfx card is the fact that im normally in a 3d game when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back