Inactive Random internet disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my internet connection,
for the past 3-4 weeks I have been randomly getting disconnected, it never happens the same time, sometimes 3 hours from now, you get the picture.
This is a desktop computer, I am currently connected to a router which is less then 4 days old, also I just bought new cat5 cable because I was trying to eliminate possibilities, the computer itself is pretty new, custom built, WIN7 32 bit,

I have talked to my cable company just recently and they tell me to take the cable and connect it directly to the modem for 24 hours, I haven't tried that yet because it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, should I do this ? also, I was reading your post's from previous posters about possibly having a worm or a trojan on my computer,
So I downloaded HJT and followed the instructions about changing the EXE, ran it and added to this post as attachment, I would appreciate it if somebody could look at it for me and tell me wth is going on and if I have a virus.

I'm not sure what other info I should put up here so please let me know

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    8.9 KB · Views: 1
Welcome to TechSpot!
Welcome_crash.gif

(Image courtesy animationplayhouse.com)

This is almost humorous to me! My internet went down last night and is 'magically' restored this morning! It has been happening with more frequency and totally unpredictable,

I think what the ISP was trying to tell you was to power cycle the router. This has to get done occasionally to clear the memory. But not for 24 hours- just for about 10 seconds. Disconnect the power cable to the router and also the modem if you have one. Wait about 10 seconds, then reconnect router, then modem. If that is the problem, this should fix it.

However, please know that in all the drops I've been having, I know to do this first, check all the cable connections. And in all events for me, this has done nothing. Mine crashed at 7:30 last night. I did all the checks and power cycling and when it still wasn't up 3 hours later, I shut down for the night. This morning, I started up at 10:30 and magically, I am connected!

But rarely will an ISP admit to dropped connections! I will be having another conversation with the later Having said that, we do not use HJT to 'screen' for malware so if you still would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back