random LCD black out

Status
Not open for further replies.

truflip

my dell 1907FP monitor sometimes just randomly turns black for a split second n goes back on. im not sure if this is an issue with the monitor or my computer/video card/video driver..

Ive tried reseating things around (cables, cards etc..) the drivers been fine for a while now so i dont think its that.

can someone point me out to the right direction? thank you.

I suggest trying another known good monitor. If the problem disappears, then it`s a problem with your monitor.

Regards Howard :)

Or if you have integrated video, try the monitor there. Then you should know if the problem is the video card or the monitor.

Good luck!

hi guys thanks for the replies. i tried the monitor swap.. same thing.. I have a 7600GT .. reseated... reinstalled drivers etc... no work..

so i realized my CPU is OC'ed (i have a 3000+ running at 2.4ghz 1:1 wtih my RAM.. so thats 267HTT) but was running on stock voltage.. so i upped the voltage on both ram and CPU accordingly.. no luck

so i lowered my OC to 2.25ghz (250HTT) and everything works fine... what could be the problem? can my CPU not handle 2.4ghz anymore? I mean, I used to run it at 2.5ghz stable on stock voltage... the only change Ive done to the system is I upgraded my RAM from generic samsung 2x512s to a pair of OCZ GX XTC (GBx2)

the CPU temps are fine.. theyre as normal or same as when i first got it.. ram seems ok.. tested it with memtest.. the CPU also seems fine (even at 2.4ghz) its prime stable for 24+ hours..

the problem im gettin is the video output.. general computing is fine, but when time comes that i need graphics power, like rthdribl or CS:S and others, the computer would freeze for a second, monitor goes black.. then i ignore it and then the graphcis gets choppy, artifacts come up.. and whole system freezes.

That sounds like the video card is overheating. Check the GPU temps.

Also, are you overclocking the video card? That could cause some problems.

cant be the video card. ive double checked everything wtih the video card. switched drivers, downclocked, default clock.. reseated.. temps are fine.. 38-40C idle.. 46-50C full load..

Do you have integrated video? If yes, remove the Nvidia card and try to "run" some games and check if the problem disapears. If so, you found the problem!

Good luck!

Do you have access to another working video card?
If so, try it on your computer.

Maybe your system didn´t like overclocking :hotbounce :hotbounce :hotbounce

no other video card.. system USED to like overclocking.. untill I pushed her to 2.7ghz .. she was stable for several hours on 1.5v.. but id rather run her lower. like 2.4ghz at stock v.. so when i went to do that.. she didnt like me anymore cuz i beat her up =( now she only seems like to like 2.25ghz *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back