Random Programs close after clicked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure it's that new virus the w32.kelvir.a 'cause I did click on the msn link thinking it was a picture until I opened and and noticed it was a DOS file, so now random programs will close immediately after being clicked and not so random programs like Norton for obvious reasons do the same thing, I can't even go to the website without IE closing, this thing is smart anything webpage having to do with it closes after being clicked even if it's from a search engine, and now it's doing this thing where it emulates a Google 404 page for Symantec Sercurity Response pages so I can't figure out what I need to delete...so here's my Hijackthis log, hopefully someone can help me....

Another thing, even after manually updating Norton (for mar. 6) and doing the scan it still couldn't find anything and I couldn't find the specified reg keys when I could access the response site so I'm not sure...

- LeShaun

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your version of Hijackthis is out of date.

Go HERE and follow the instructions very carefully. Print them out if you can.

Then post a new HJT log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Nvm, norton found it today, I just happened to be one of the first to get it, just update your anti-virus run a check in safemode and get the patch to fix it (also make sure when you use the patch you turn off system restore and dsiconnect form the internet..)

- LeShaun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back