Random Rebooting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats up peeps?

Ok, the deal is, my computer is rebooting once it gets to Windows. I started bulding this computer a month ago. Can be 30 seconds. Can be an hour. I have installed XP Pro, and 2000, on multiple HDD...I have exchanged RAM, CPU, MOBO and PSU for brand new ones (even though they were brand new when I got them). Here's the specs. This is NOT overheating as my CPU has never gone over 50C, usually its around 40C. I have had 4 different video cards. Besides the case grounding out, I have no idea what this could be.

MSI PT880 Neo-FSR Mobo
P4 3.20E, 1MB Cache, 800FSB
Kingston HyperX 1GB DDR Kit, 2x512MB, CL2, KHX3200AK2/1G (Did have PQI Turbo, 1GB Kit (2x512)
Chaintech Personal Cinema 5200FX (128MB)
Sound (Using Onboard AC97)
Network (Using onboard VIA Gigabit LAN)
Liquid Cooling System
WDD Caviar 30g (Older, but had it running fine in another PC)
WDD Caviar SE 80g (Brand new!!)
Sony DVD R/RW (toasted somehow????!!??!!)
Samsung CD R/RW (UltraSpeed 52x)
Super Flower Fan Controller
Vantec Stealth 520W (+3.3v@26a, +5v@52a, +12V@28)
2 80mm Fans up front
2 80mm Fans in back, doing push/pull on 2nd radiator for cooling system
3 fans in the vantec
"HAWK" Gamer case (piece of @#$@...I think)

I have not overclocked this stuff at all. I live in the mountains, so usually my room is cold, about 60-65F. And like I said, I have swapped ALL parts for new, but the original parts were new as well. I was a computer tech from 89-99, and I am stumped. The original case PSU was 450W (3.3v@26A 5v@35A 12v15A) seemed ok, but I swapped anyway.

Could it be USB? I hooked my mobo wires up correctly...The case has LED's...I have tried every combo of equipment, no equipment...I'm about to give up and go back to my laptop...Could this be the electricity at my house?

Any more info? Let me know. I have searched many forums including this one, and can find nothing definitive.

Peace,
Laggy

On the USB, I meant onboard USB...I have disabled error reporting in XP, and the BSOD says STOP ERROR 0x00000003...I have searched the internet and ALL posts come to a hardware conclusion, reinstall windows...

If this is a "grounding out" on the case possibility, let me know. Should I run this outside the case??

Do you have Hyperthreading enabled in the BIOS? The reason I ask is that I have a similar situation after installing a new P4 3.0GHz CPU. My PC kept rebooting every so often and I was stumped. Out of sheer desparation, I disabled Hyperethreading in the BIOS and my PC is fine now.

Unfortunately, one of the reasons I bought this new CPU was to take advantage of Hyperthreading but alas I don't know how to get it to work. Probably entails reinstalling Windows XP which, at the moment, I really don't want to do.

Cheers.

Si
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back