Random reboots on new mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluemouse

Hey all,

Im having an issue where my computer completely randomly restarts. It almost seems like it has to do with my drives or something, because i've noticed it crashed when I use daemon tools once, and most recently it crashed when i put in a motherboard drivers cd.

The minidump file is attached. I was hoping one of you kind folks could interpret it for me?

Computer Specs:

It's an asus p5nsli motherboard (bought it in december). I am running windows xp sp2 with a core2duo e6600 cpu with 2x nvidia 7600GT graphics cards. Have a 500 Watt power supply.

It's crashed at drvmcdb.sys, which looks to belong to either VERITAS Software or Sonic Solutions.

BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 805e589b, b27fb92c, b27fb628}
Probably caused by : drvmcdb.sys ( drvmcdb+ee39 )
Image name: drvmcdb.sys Timestamp: Fri Aug 04 23:36:35 2006 (44D36983)

Any idea what this driver does? And so this is definitely a SOFTWARE/driver issue and not a heat/power/hardware issue?

It seems that it has something to do with burning software, and sonic makes roxio apparently, which I do have installed (along with nero). It would make sense then that my computer would crash when I do something with daemon tools/insert a cd.....

Any ideas?

Thanks for all your help:)

DRVMCDB.sys is part of Sonic RecordNow DVD burning software. This is a software issue. Turn of Automatic Restart in System, Advanced, Startup and Recovery, Settings and see if you can get better info on this error

Yea, I just did that yesterday, so I guess I will have to wait until it happens again.

I don't have sonic recordnow software, but I do have roxio burning suite (made by sonic). Also have daemon tools and nero which could cause a problem i guess, and powerISO (kind of like alcohol120/daemon)

I would just get rid of Roxio. You might want to delete Roxio in the Safe Mode. It's just a little better for deleting trouble software. With Nero there's no real need for the crappy Roxio anyway, other than the Roxio add-on in Windows XP, for native XP CD and file burning. Alcohol120/Daemon Tools should not cause problems, but you must admit you had way too many burning utilities, along with the crappy Roxio. I don't use Nero at all. I love Daemon Tools, and Alcohol 120 is cool

Yea, I use nero for dvd stuff, and i was just using roxio for a few things that I couldnt get nero to do.

I am personally not a big fan of alcohol120, but daemon is the best :D Nero is good but bloated.

I plan on getting rid of roxio anyways, but was that what was causing the problem?

"I plan on getting rid of roxio anyways, but was that what was causing the problem?"

We will let you tell us... Sonic Solutions was flagged

Hehe, ok, i will let you all know when I get back to my desktop (tomorrow). Problem is, it happens so randomly that it is hard to get the reboot to appear unless you don't want it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back