Random Restarts please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys am a newbie to the forum and i thought i start with a hum dinger for you, the random restart :D

I'm well aware you need loads of info to diagnose this issue so i'll post what specs i think you'll need then repost whatever you ask for..

I've used sandra to get ll the info so it should be ok i think...

Proc - AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core 3800+ 2Ghz
Mobo - KV2 Lite
Chipset - K8T880Pro
Gfx - Nvidia Geforce 7600gs 256Mb ddr2
HDD - 250gb Maxtor STM3250820AS Sata
Sound - Creative soundblaster X-FI Extreme
OS - Xp home SP3
PSU - SumEvision 550w
Ram 2x 1Gb Kingston KVR

Updated all drivers

This pc was a fresh install yesterday as Norton decided he wasnt going to let me use net no more, so i looked at my desktop n thought "time for a format" (as ya do) fully formatted n reinstalled, started to load up world of warcraft and randomly between 5mins and 1hr get buzz then a restart, initially thought it was WoW but then noticed if i do anything excessive really it forces restart, havin a serious head scratch wi this one and would appreciate any valuable input as to wht to try next, any logs you need just gimme info how to get em and i'll repost, i've used the site for a while unregistered to analyse probs of friends etc but this one is seriously checkin the stability of my brain...

Thanks in advance..

There is a glitch with SP 3 and AMD, if you have Symantec.
Downloading the latest updates will fix that.

Just ran liveupdate and it did download something (ran it this mornin and didnt strangely), loaded up WoW and 5mins so far seems ok, i'll be back if not, thanks Ray for making me feel like a newbie :D, usually the small thing catch you out
but seriously thanks anyway, even if it dont work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back