Random Restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fullmetal

Hi guys, I have this problem and I have been reading all threads on this site in order to solve my prblem , I tried the scanning online thing, I tried the minidump reading but I seem not to be reading them correctly, I formatted my hd today, there was a virus adobeR.exe and sth wierd labeled .exe

I removed them successfully, but im not able to overcome the sudden restart problem, I took my pc to a technician to rpelace the FAN but he tol me that the fan is doing fine , I took it to another one who said the same thing, I was almost convinced that the fan was the problem but they told me it wasnt

ive got a new ram, so its not a faluty ram prblem either

ive been working for 6 hours to solve this problem but I couldnt so finally I give up and I ask for ur help so please help me
I will attacht the dump files so feel free and take a look

I dont know if this information will help , I checked the cpu temp and it wa about 55 to 60 c
and the cpu fan was rotating at approximately 2700 rpm, I dont know if those values considered normal

and the pc just restarts without giving me any blue screens

and onemore thing, befoe I formatted the hd it used to restart much more often than now, it used to restart every 20 min, not it restared 2 times in 3 hours

Attachments

• Mini060707-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 5
new ram doesn't necessarily mean incompatible ram.
crashes can be caused by viri, bad ram, bad/failing PSU, corrupt registry or disks.
check all

What's your RAM setup. New RAM doesn't mean it's good or compatible.

Your version of Norton AV seems to be screwed up. The dates of some of the modules are a long way out. Only one of the dumps has crashed at Norton though.

f6065000 f6076440 NAVENG NAVENG.sys Fri Mar 16 13:34:29 2007 (45FA1E55) <--2007.
f6077000 f6145820 NAVEX15 NAVEX15.sys Fri Mar 16 14:14:23 2007 (45FA27AF) <--2007.
f64f7000 f6520000 NAVAP NAVAP.sys Sat Aug 18 10:12:37 2001 (3B7DCF15) <--2001?

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 805525a1, f6364c48, 0}
Probably caused by : NAVAP.sys ( NAVAP+2384 )

Your CPU temp is a tad high idle (unless it's a Prescott Core ;) ). You can never really rule out your power supply either. Make sure all of the drivers on your computer are up-to-date and run daily virus scans (if you have an anti-virus after the above post). How old is your computer if I may ask? And what computer make and model do you have?

"and the pc just restarts without giving me any blue screens" and then he attaches minidump files. Your system isn't overheating, if it were you wouldn't have minidump files either. You probalby just have automatic restart on system failure enabled. Like he said, NAV is crap. I hate it, refuse to support it, and hate removing it after I get suckered into trying it again. Let us know what happend after removing it.

ok guys
i been reading thoroughly this weekend

auto restart was enabled :) i figured out now
i removed norton antivirus,it did crash once today, before it did i disabled the auto restart on system failure and i got the following code

0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8055259A, 0xB822796C,0x00000000)

would this code help u guys to figure out whats wrong with my pc,and for the drivers im using buitls in sound card and vga and they are up to date

what cought my attention that google could not find any results for the code 0xB822796C

i read also about rootkits or sth like that , but i dont seem to have any

It's most likely a RAM problem. Run Memtest. If Memtest passes (it's not perfect), go back to your old RAM setup to see if it still crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back