Random Shutdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypochondriac

Hi in the last two days my computer has been randomly shutting, I've built this system myself, and worked fine for the last 3 years until these problems started.

I haven't installed and new hardware or programs in the last week, an can't figure out what the problem is. Today I got a bunch of error codes the message said windows has recovered from a serious error :

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 8101FEA0 BCP2 : 00000005
BCP3 : 00000000 BCP4 : 804FC4B8 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I am using Windows XP SP2 have 512mb ram, I also have the restart on error turned off, but the computer still randomly shuts down without giving the BSOD

Overheating

Have you checked the internal fan is working ? Sounds like a typical overheating problem.

rrrobbo said:
Have you checked the internal fan is working ? Sounds like a typical overheating problem.

Fan is working, the temp stays in the low 50C according to the Intel active monitor. I guess I will open it up and see if the thermal paste dried up or something

The error that generates this usually occurs after the installation of a incompatible/faulty device driver, service or BIOS. It could also be when a virus scanner or a backup tool has developed an incompatiblity issue.

Is all your harware on the HCL still?
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx

I also have the restart on error turned off, but the computer still randomly shuts down without giving the BSOD
Restart on error only applies IF you get the blue screen from my understanding. If your computer is just shutting off all of a sudden that sounds more like a PS going bad / overheating issue. OxA erors are such a pain because they are a so generic.

I assume you have checked event viewer to see if it is saying anything about a driver issue? Have you recently gotten MS updates? If so have you tried loading the "Last Known Good Configuration" and seeing if you get the same error still?

Do you have the entire .dmp file that you could post here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back