Raptor HDD Not Booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoeM076

I recently bought a Western Digital Raptor hard drive.....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136296

....and when I have it installed it doesn't show up in my My Computer folder. When I go to my BIOS it shows that it is installed, but if I go to Boot Priority I can't choose it as an option to boot. If anyone can solve this problem, that would be greatly appreciated. :)

I have an ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe Motherboard.
That hotfix is for EVGA, ECS, Biostar, and BFG motherboards.

Then find out from Asus why they haven't issued a 680i Hotfix.

I give ideas and directions- not always specific answers.

You want specific, get a fortune teller!

What about the Jumper of the second one. Make sure both is not on primary or secondary. If you don't know which is what then just remove the jumper from the new one.

What about the Jumper of the second one. Make sure both is not on primary or secondary. If you don't know which is what then just remove the jumper from the new one.

These are Sata drives and thus, sadly, do not have 'jumpers'.

Your interest in helping is greatly appreciated - your knowledge needs a tune up!

Keep learning!

:)

Problem Solved:

- I right clicked on My Computer and clicked "Manage". Then I selected my drive, which was listed under Disk Management, and right clicked on it. I then clicked "Initialize" and chose a Drive Letter in the setup. Once through this I doubled clicked on my drive icon in My Computer and a message appeared telling my to format my drive so it can be used.

These are Sata drives and thus, sadly, do not have 'jumpers'.

Your interest in helping is greatly appreciated - your knowledge needs a tune up!

Keep learning!

:)

No I know SATA don't hae jumpers for your info, but the problem is that it was 1h hear and I was a little tired and there were about 8 post open at a time so i make a confusion. That's not a problem with my knowledge!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back