Ratings ?

By Didou
Feb 14, 2004
Post New Reply
  1. When I go to the Distributed Computing forum, the Seti@home thread displays a 5 star rating.

Once inside the thread, at the bottom right corder there's a pull down list to vote a rating but I don't think it works. I also tried voting for the UD Cancer thread but it didn't do anything ( I didn't get an error message though ).
  2. Spike

Spike Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,371

Don't know what the problem was when you tried. I've just rated it 5*. Maybe a temporary glitch?
  3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Topic Starter Posts: 5,899

The problem is that it doesn't have any effect. For example, I voted on the UD thread & nothing happened. I got sent back to the thread & it still hasn't changed rating.

I think it might be some testing Julio was doing & he forgot to clean up behind him.;)
  4. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,477   +292

I noticed that rating about a week or so ago, was going to ask about it but I got distracted.
    Didn't we talk about thread ratings once upon a time?
  5. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

From what I know of the rating system, it won't show the rating until a certain amount of members has rated the thread...

This is to avoid any trouble caused by a couple of members... (At least that's the way it was on another board I sometimes visit...)
  6. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

That makes sense. I also noticed it a while ago, but figured it was some testing Julio was doing, and he would inform us of it when it is finished.
  7. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

No, I rated the Seti thread just for fun. I noticed the option and decided to try it :)
  8. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,523   +312

vBulletin has thread rating functionality built-in and has always been there but since I have seen little to no use to it, I have always disabled it from the begining, so it's no secret feature or anything ;).

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.