Razer Edge Pro met with mixed opinions as reviews hit the web

By Shawn Knight
Mar 28, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Reviews of the long-awaited Razer Edge Pro are trickling in today as the Intel-powered gaming tablet is set to launch this weekend. Overall the slate is billed as a very capable portable device but according to at least a few...

Read more
  2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,936

It's a mish mash of everything and far too expensive to be taken seriously.
  3. Who doesn't have to rest their Tablet on something to use it? After a few minutes it's inevitable. I guess handles would help some though.
  4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,729   +1,093

People always find something to complain about. If a reviewer doesn't find a few things wrong with a new product they're afraid it'll hurt their credibility.

I like Anandtech ( for the reason that they explain to you exactly what you're getting, along with the cost and let you decide if it's a good purchase or not. Sure they have opinions, but they're always framed correctly , like this comment from their review on the price. "Surprisingly, price isn?t one of the issues ? the $999 base cost is actually a pretty good deal relative to the competition, considering the GPU horsepower on tap, and the upgrade costs are pretty reasonable, too." So much better than $999 is too much for a tablet.
    Vrmithrax likes this.
  5. Looks neat, but just have no interest.
  6. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

This will be interesting with Haswell. Maybe they can up it to a 1080P screen. It is just a rip off as of now.
  7. Mbloof

Mbloof TS Rookie Posts: 56   +7

I was rather excited when they first introduced this - after all there's a lot of power here in a tablet computer - however the 640M does not even match the performance of a desktop GTX460 so while you may be able to play +4yo games on LOW settings, the device is outdated before launch.

However most mobile devices and the games targeted for them are more like a 'Gameboy COLOR' than a Sony Vitia - except without the benefit of the GBC's transreflective screen and without the Vitia's graphics capability.

While this can be considered a bit of an advancement in 'mobile gaming', without a transreflective screen and more GPU power its fairly useless.
  8. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

You can play modern games on low/medium. You can play old games at high.
  9. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Booster Posts: 777   +137

The good news is that the Razor Edge is a great alternative to gaming on a laptop. The bad news is that the thing is more expensive than most laptops that can be used for low to mid gaming.

I give it a year.
  10. To make it perfect, Razer edge pro should add their device with these optional accessories:
    - a stand or maybe docking stand integrated with additional battery,
    - keyboard, definitely thin and compact
    - small mouse

..hmm, I think it wont make any different with gaming laptop with all that accessories :D