Razer reimagines Naga MMO gaming mouse with mechanical switches, updated form factor and more

By Shawn Knight
Jul 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Razer is putting a new spin on an old classic with the re-release of the Naga MMO gaming mouse. The best-selling MMO pointer of all time has been tweaked in a number of different categories to create a product that’s...

Read more
  2. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 571   +98

Yes they clearly have no interest in the ergonomics of the mouse, if they did they would have included 3 interchangeable panel's so people could adjust the ergonomic fit to their hand. Like just how cheap can they be not even including a non-slip finish.

Oh wait, they did do all that.
  3. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,689   +871

Mechanical switches on a mouse... That is awesome.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,797   +702

Mechanical switches on a mouse... That is expensive. Not to mention unnecessary.
  5. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 949   +97

6. Matt12345170

Matt12345170 TechSpot Member Posts: 92   +16

Looks like the buttons stick out more. If its anything like the hex, I wont be getting one
  7. Does this mean they will also be fixing the right and left mouse buttons? My left mouse button almost always double clicks when I press it. I play WOW and often times when I left mouse click to buy something from a vendor I get 2 or 3. Very frustrating. I googled my problem and it appears to be a common issue.

So although the mouse in theory is great, if you can't rely on the buttons while playing an MMO, why would it be worth buying?
  8. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,689   +871

Yeah, but if it stays at the same price point, who cares.
  9. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 949   +97

More durability? Faster action triggers? Not sure whether this would be true but in theory I guess.
  10. Skidmarksdeluxe

I doubt it. Mech. switches always cost more but if if the price remains the same... bargain.
  11. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,283   +229

If you go to the Razer website and try to buy it, the price shows as $79.99, same pricing neighborhood as the old Naga was. I guess they're able to stay in the same price point, even with the mechanical switches. I might check it out, I preferred the Logitech G600 over the previous Naga models, mostly because Logitech was smart about how they shaped the thumb keys for easy identification by touch, rather than needing to constantly look down to see where you are clicking. Looks like Razer has taken a page out of Logitech's book with this new version.

12. Skidmarksdeluxe

You guy's are welcome to those mice. They're too complicated for me. I'll just stick with a 5 button mouse.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.