Razer reimagines Naga MMO gaming mouse with mechanical switches, updated form factor and more

Shawn Knight

Staff member

razer naga mmo gaming mouse gaming mouse razer naga

Razer is putting a new spin on an old classic with the re-release of the Naga MMO gaming mouse. The best-selling MMO pointer of all time has been tweaked in a number of different categories to create a product that’s even better than the original according to the company.

The Naga’s iconic 12-button thumb grid is now outfitted with mechanical switches for increased tactility, speed and actuation assurance. Furthermore, each button on the thumb grid is now more pronounced than previous models to allow for improved blind-finding, we’re told.

Elsewhere, the Naga’s ergonomic form factor has been reworked with a broader shape to accommodate a wider range of hand sizes. Razer said the fourth and fifth finger rest now has a gentler down slope to promote better grip and reduce fatigue during extended gaming sessions. If that weren’t enough, Razer has also added a clickable scroll wheel that clicks in and out as well as left to right for even more customizable buttons.

On the software front, Razer is including a copy of their in-game MMO configuration software with each unit. This software allows gamers to set up key bindings, macros and other preferences without having to exit their favorite game.

Left-handed gamers aren’t being left in the cold, either, as Razer has launched a left-handed edition as well. The company said they are doing this at an expected fiscal loss as a result of popular community demand.

The Razer Naga 2014 Edition is available as of writing for $79.99 via Razer’s website or at your favorite gaming retailer.

Permalink to story.

Yes they clearly have no interest in the ergonomics of the mouse, if they did they would have included 3 interchangeable panel's so people could adjust the ergonomic fit to their hand. Like just how cheap can they be not even including a non-slip finish.

Oh wait, they did do all that.

Does this mean they will also be fixing the right and left mouse buttons? My left mouse button almost always double clicks when I press it. I play WOW and often times when I left mouse click to buy something from a vendor I get 2 or 3. Very frustrating. I googled my problem and it appears to be a common issue.

So although the mouse in theory is great, if you can't rely on the buttons while playing an MMO, why would it be worth buying?

Yeah, but if it stays at the same price point, who cares.

I doubt it. Mech. switches always cost more but if if the price remains the same... bargain.

If you go to the Razer website and try to buy it, the price shows as $79.99, same pricing neighborhood as the old Naga was. I guess they're able to stay in the same price point, even with the mechanical switches. I might check it out, I preferred the Logitech G600 over the previous Naga models, mostly because Logitech was smart about how they shaped the thumb keys for easy identification by touch, rather than needing to constantly look down to see where you are clicking. Looks like Razer has taken a page out of Logitech's book with this new version.

If you go to the Razer website and try to buy it, the price shows as $79.99, same pricing neighborhood as the old Naga was. I guess they're able to stay in the same price point, even with the mechanical switches. I might check it out, I preferred the Logitech G600 over the previous Naga models, mostly because Logitech was smart about how they shaped the thumb keys for easy identification by touch, rather than needing to constantly look down to see where you are clicking. Looks like Razer has taken a page out of Logitech's book with this new version.

You guy's are welcome to those mice. They're too complicated for me. I'll just stick with a 5 button mouse.

Back