Real serious problem with my CPU or the MotherBoard

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous2004

Hello everybody. I just changed my CPU and motherboard. I was having problems with them, the computer was always hanging up. Now I have a CELERON D 3.06 ghz and a Gigabyte motherboard GA-8VM800M-775. The problem now is that i cannot run some of my games like FIFA WORLD CUP 2006, GTA San Andreas, Outrun 2006 and Sensible soccer etc.
With FIFA a black screen appears immediatel when i start the game then it crashes back to the desktop with no messages at all. Same with outrun. And I could just run San Andreas only once. When i was playing it, it gradually began to slow down and then never ran again. Sensible soccer went to the first intro screen and then crashes with a message asking if i wanted to submit a error report to MICROSOFT. When i tried to run it again it did not even went to the first intro screen, it crashed back from the initial black screen.

I could play these games on my earlier CPU and motherboard.

I am really worried here because i spent quite a lot of money on my new CPU and Motherboard and now the results aren't positve. However i can run many other games like MEDAL OF HONOR: PACIFIC ASSAULT, empire earth 2, nba live 2006, psychonauts and splinter cell 2 etc.

My computer specs:
Intel celron d 3.06 ghz
1 GB ram
250 gb hard disk
Nivida geforce 6600 diamond 128 mb

What operating system are you using? Have you checked if your new motherboard has a bios update available?

Is it possible that you have a faulty NVIDIA Driver? Try downloading a different set.

Psu

Hello,
What type of PSU you have?
Maybe you need to changed it for one more powerfull.

Try then update the drivers for video card you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back