TechSpot

Really Need Some help...cpu update problem!!

By LanceUHS
Jun 6, 2007
  1. I have a MSI-PM8M2-V mobo. I just recently bought a intel 3.4 775socket processor to upgrade my 2.8. I did the installation correctly, connected everything back and turned on the power...nothing. Double checked everything, it was fine. tried it again...nothing. it will run for about 6 sec then turn off. I installed my old processor and it worked fine. I really need help guys if u can. Thanks alot. And please if its a simple answer, feel free to taunt me on how much of a noob i am...lol

2. MoMo1988

MoMo1988 TS Rookie Posts: 76

I had just recently purchased a new processor, and when i installed it it was a blank screen, but it never turned back off. What i did was reinstall windows and it worked. But if you have valuable stuff on your HD right now put them on a disc first.

3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

You may need a BIOS update. Read the updating BIOS guide in the guides forum.

4. LanceUHS

LanceUHS TS Rookie Topic Starter

I will try that update...and then reinstalling windows...thanks guys. i will keep u updated

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.