TechSpot

Really old printer with error message

By stensland
Sep 22, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Ok, so here is the deal.
    I'm working with a HP LaserJet 5Si printer from 1995 and it's having some issues.
    I'm getting a message that reads "Device Error 66.0.23, cycle power" I found information about it on the HP site and followed the instructions 100%. It worked for a while, and then 10 minutes later it had the same error.
    Also I have another one that keeps jamming, but only from tray 3. Total it has 4 trays due to the fact that it's on top of a paper drawer use to hold a ream or two of paper.
    Any suggestions on what to do with either of these....priceless machines.
    And throwing them out is out of the question as with purchasing a new printer any time soon.
    Thanks

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

The "Device Error 66.0.23, cycle power" could indicate a bad internal PC board connection or a failing logic board. The tray 3 paper jam, could be a misaligned tray sensor or dirty feed mechanism

3. stensland

stensland TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 52

Hey thanks.
    I got that all figured out, went inside the machine and noticed that the printer rollers were for the most part disintegrated from use without replacement.

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Okay, thanks for the update