RealMagic X-card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought this thing and it seems to work fine for mpegs and divx5 and better. In the review on this site it said something about unregistering a file to allow it to play regular .avi I was wondering how to go about doing this since most of my movies are in .avi format

No, it can't play AVIs, that was the problem - it *tried* to play them rather than allowing some other player to do so. You'd just get a blank screen with it. Unregistering the file fixed it until new drivers do.

By AVI files I mean AVI files, not DivX files with the *.avi file extension.

Well all I really need to do is have a card that mirrors whats on my screen. Should I send this back and get something else? If so, what cards are good for playing plain avi (not divx) and mpeg? Basically, I just need to play the TMD movies I dload from IRC

Plain avi can mean so many things.. AVI files can contain video & audio encoded with just about any codec. If you need X-Card just for tv-out, then I'd say it's easier to get a gfx card with dual display connectors or with tv-out.

If that what you want you'd want a graphics card with multiple VGA outputs &/or TV out. Course the TV output won't be as good as with the Xcard but the Xcard doesn't seem to suit what you actually will be playing or want displayed with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back