TechSpot

Realtek AC97 recording problem

By dbuk01
Jul 20, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am trying to set up a Skype account on an Advent 7063M laptop which has an AC97 2.2 compliant sound chip. When I go into Volume Controls for Recording and try to tic the Microphone, it won't accept the tic. Has anyone else had this problem? Any idea what I need to do? Many thanks.
  2. fastco

fastco TS Rookie Posts: 1,511

This may seem like a silly question but are you sure your laptop has a built in microphone? Probably doesn't that's why the microphone setting is greyed out. I did the same thing on my Emachines laptop.

Found this, http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/laptop/7063m.htm usually when the laptop has a microphone port it won't have a built in Mic...
  3. dbuk01

dbuk01 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Reply to Fastco

Many thanks for your reply. I rang PC World who told that, yes, you were right and it seems that there is no on-board mic on this laptop. I will now go and hang my head in shame...
  4. fastco

fastco TS Rookie Posts: 1,511

No need to hang your head in shame, this forum is all about learning new things!!
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.