Realtek ALC260 aborted

Status
Not open for further replies.
After having the look of the various notebook offerings, I settled on the Sony Vaio VGN-FS115M. It is quite slim and lightweight, has a nice 15 inch widescreen display (Sony's super-bright X-black display technology plays in a league of its own), and has a decent design, however, still being miles away from the superior design of a PowerBook.

Unfortunately, the Vaio came with Windows XP Home (German) preinstalled, with is, in a word, unacceptable for me. So I made a recovery DVD (you never know...) and installed XP Home ( English) from scratch — after all, I have to put the 1300 Euros

After the basic XP system was installed, as one would expect, the typical Windows-related driver problems started. First I downloaded the drivers and tools packages from the Sony support web site, which is actually quite useful. Then I installed the various drivers, some via the device manager, others by running their setup application. All went well until I came to the audio driver. The setup for the Realtek ALC260 aborted in the middle of the installation process with a quite informative "The Microsoft bus driver must be loaded..." error message, leaving my system with a partly installed audio driver. After some trial-and-error (re-installing other drivers, playing with the device manager, etc.)

Still I am searching for an answer!!! Please help me !!!

Tell me where I can get the Realtek ALC260 driver!!!

Thanks for reading this... waiting for an reply

Thankyou

Thankyou for your kind reply!!! I tried to download!! since its FTP i coudn't but Seeing the file name I searched in google and found a new link and I solved my problem!!! its all because of you!!! :chef: Thousand of thanks!!! This is the link

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/download.asp?url=/7525/eng/AUD_ALL32_5.10.0.5038_PV.EXE&ProductID=1861

download the file ! (aud_all32_5.10.0.5038_pv.exe)
run it

then open the folder and run setup!! Thats it my problem solved!! :bounce:

Thanks once again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back