Realtek HD cannot disable built-in microphone

Hey guys. I've been searching around for an answer to this problem, but have found nothing. I recently bought a USB mic, and I am having trouble using it. I installed the necessary drivers and when I went into the Recording Devices window the Realtek microphone was still functioning. I couldnt disable it. So I tried to update the drivers for the sound card, then the sound card stopped working entirely. I had to do a system restore to get my sound back. I'm running windows 7 64 bit. Help please!

If you want to disable your on-board sound you'll have to go into your motherboard BIOS and simply disable the device.

Ah you wanna disable just the mic. Hmm I don't think you can do that easily even from the BIOS.

I am not sure if it will help, but you could try making the new USB mic your default device.
I tried that along with simply disabling it. I simply cannot figure it out. Thanks for responding though.

And Cinders, I tried that too. But having that disabled wont allow recognition of other microphones.

Back