Realtek HD with Mic issue (Windows XP)

Greetings,

I'm using Windows Xp with Realtek HD Audio manager. Often i use Ventrillo for voice comunication which obviously requires me to use a microphone.

When i talk, people can hear me but every single sound of my pc gets trough aswell, wether the volume is low (as in i can barely hear it myself) or normal i am barely understandable if at all because of that.
Also when i plug in microphone, speakersound (5.1system) just keeps going as normal.

It has worked before when my pc was new, about one year ago, but hard drive broke down.
Went to the pc store i bought it from and got replaced. But since then i have the problem that all sounds from pc come trough when i don't want them to while talking. (Including echo-ing anyone else talking atm when i want to talk myself)
The mic/headset plugin & speakers still playing sound as normal is something that has always been there since before Hard drive broke down.

I didn't update gfx or audio drivers before hard drive broke down, everything from mic worked properly.
When hard drive got replaced i had the mic issue right away. So it isn't caused by a driver update i'd say.
Looked trough all the settings i could find on pc to fix this but so far nothing has worked.
If a similar issue was posted here on these forums before and i missed it, feel free to link.
I am not a pc expert by far, so if you explain things do try to keep it simple andclear.
And if this happens to be a simple or stupid problem in your eyes, i apologise. It isn't for me.

This isn't the first forum post i make about this problem, hoping i can see the end of this problem soon.

So a simple wrap up about my problem: When using a mic every sound comes trough when i don't want it, and speakers keep their volume when plugging in mic/headset.

Back