Realtek on windows 10

I know there are a load of threads on this subject - and believe me I have been through all that I could find - but I still can not get an answer to this. My PC recently decided to stop working (wouldnt boot up) so to resolve the problem I reinstalled windows 10. I knew I would come across the old sound issue again as it happened last time I reloaded Win10 - thing is - I cant remember what I did to resolve the problem.
Ok - I have tried installing the Realtek drivers (from their own website) - and according to my list of Apps - it is there ok. However - looking in device manager the only thing that appears under "sound video and game controllers" are 2 listings for "High Definition Audio Device". Also - under the Sound, Playback option - I only see "Digital Audio HDMI (not plugged in) and Digital Audio S/PDIF - nothing else..... The PC worked fine before the crash - and was running Realtek as it appeared as an option in both Sound playback and device manager. I just cant get it to appear now !!!! HELP PLEASE - its driving me mad..

Back