Realtek Sound Card Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsaber

Hi Everyone,

Okay here's the problem. My friend reformatted his computer (not using the recovery CDs) and now his realtek sound card isn't reconized. So we went to HP.com to get the drivers but when we tried to install the drivers we get a message saying that we need Microsoft's UAA bus driver. We googled and even tried contacting HP technical support but with no success. HP says we have to use the recovery CDs which we don't have and it will take about two weeks for them to send new ones. I was hoping someone here can help us out. All we need is Microsoft's UAA bus driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Okay, I had the same problem with my Payilion. You just may be in luck though. I can't tell you exactly what all drivers you need, I just got the realtek AC'97 driver update from hp's website. I'm sure you have that already, now for the thing I did to make it work. first go to start and click on run... there you will type services.msc this will bring up a box that shows all of your local services. Scroll down and double click on Windows Audio. In the General tab, change the startup type to Automatic and click the Start button below service status. This should get everything up and working. Let me know if it works!

Hi all

I have exactly the same problem. Trying to install the audio drivers from HP but getting a message saying I need to install Microsoft's UAA bus driver. HP recommend going to Microsoft for this, however there is no download of this on Microsoft's website.

Does anyone know where I can get this Microsoft UAA bus driver please?

Thanks in advance

Looks like we're both in the same boat. I've searched all over with no luck. I think the best way to do it, at least in my situation, is to just order a recovery CD from HP with the correct drivers. Hope you have better luck than me.

Hi mate

I think Im giving up too. Tried loads of places but no one wants to take the call. HP says go to Microsoft but Microsoft say go to HP! What a shambles.

How do you order a recovery CD?

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for the link! You can order a recovery CD direct from HP. Just give them a call and say you need a recovery kit.

Never thought of that... but doesn't matter because the recovery CDs have arrived. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hey weggy,

I don't remember the exact price but I think it was about $20 USD including shipping.

Bsaber

Fixing the "Microsoft Bus Driver" error message when installing a sound card driver

I ran into the same issue with a new little Sony laptop when I was installing a clean copy of XP. The driver is part of a QFE mentioned in Q835221 that you normally need to contact Microsoft Support to get. It isn't included in any XP service packs or other downloads, and not even Vista Beta 2 ships with it. The driver supports a new architecture for sound cards called Universal Audio Architecture (or UAA). The resolution I had found is available in this blog post:

http://geekswithblogs.net/lorint/archive/2006/06/11/81540.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back