Reboot and select proper boot device

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi

today i installed some new RAM curtacy of crutial memory, when i came to turn my computer on i get a screen naming my system, graphics card etc, but does not seem to load.

But then i waited and i the got a screen saying 'reboot and selet proper boot device etc etc'.

Now, i ran down stair to find a floppy **** saying ghost boot disk, and put that in and allas something happened. HOWEVER, i got a screen with sycamatic? or smething like that whith options etc which is confusing me to no end, on the floppy i have it also says 'with cdrom support' now the problem is, i did not make this computer, someone else did that i do not have contact with, does this mean i am fuffed? or please tell me there is something i can do.

i feel it maybe due to the fact i knocked the lead to my cd rom drive out a little.

thanks for any comment you make, please ***** proof it as I am still learning.

Thanks. :grinthumb

Remove the data cable to the CD\DVD Drive fully (ie take the data cable out of the computer - unplugged from motherboard end)

Confirm the Harddrive data cable is seated correctly in the Harddrive, and in the motherboard (even detach and re-attach)
Confirm the power plug into the Harddrive is seated correctly (even detach and re-attach)

Turn on the computer
Does it now boot?
If so, shutdown normally, and securely attach the data cable back to the CD\DVD Drive
Turn back on
Does it now boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back