Reboot computer problem?

Hi every body

It is my first time in this forum, and it will not be the last time,but hopefully some body help me??

When i start up my computer this message appears "reboot and select proper boot device OR insert selected boot device ""??Why it comes up??hardware or software error??
I tried f8 but the black screen with this message came up,,,,

Does this tutorial could work in my sitiuation??? ((Config\System Missing - Running System Restore from Recovery Console ))
and if YES does this process will remove my data??? IN YOU TUBE??

thanks and regards

Do you have anyone who has working tech knowledge? If so, have them open up your case and see if the cable from your motherboard to your harddrive and CD/DVD drive are set properly and secure.

Thanks my dear

I tried yesteday cleaning it and pull it out ,then push it in ,then it worked
Actually im not sure, this is not the first time it, happened several times??and then work .
somebody said to me it could be hard drive could be bad or power supply.

thanks in advance

Here are some things to try:

1. Replace your cables. It is cheap tp do and simple. A bad cable can cause your issues.

2. Find the make of your harddrive and go to the manufacture's website. At the website find their free harddrive diagnostic utility and burn it to a CD. Run both short and long tests, especially the long.

3. Give us your hardware specs including make of your power supply as well as wattage it supplies.

Back