reboot loop with blue screen + freezing problems

By Edlismange
Aug 11, 2005
  1. I recently reformatted (twice) due to a problem with the entire computer randomly locking up, with me unable to do anything, not even move the mouse, unless I rebooted.
    However, this morning I turned on my computer to find that it is in a reboot loop, with a quick flash of a blue screen with white writing after the windows loading screen before restarting. The blue screen only appears for about half a second, so I haven't been able to read it.
    The fact that this has happened recently after two reformats leads me to believe it is a hardware problem (as well as the persistent freezing problem)
    If anyone knows anything about either of these problems, I would greatly appreciate their help.

AMD Athlon xp 2600+
    768MB PC2700 RAM
    Audigy 2 ZS
    Geforce 6800 GT
    ASUS A7V8X-X
  2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

I take it safe mode is doing the same thing?

Anyways, I would start with this. This is a quote from one of Rick's posts.

3. FrozenSoul69

FrozenSoul69 TS Rookie

The blue screen is the computer doing a physical memory dump and the only way to get out of a boot loop is to either format again or to repair windows.
  4. Sigma77

Sigma77 TS Rookie

I had this trouble some time ago and i know what that causes it. theres two ways it can happen , First one , ur machine suddenly lock up freeze shows blue screen 1 sec and auto reboot , and it just freezes with that blue screen , the warning is telling u there ur memory overflow , now to the solutions. First analyze whole HD for damage sectors , if that not the problem , check that ur not mixing NTFS and FAT32 Partition System files together , that woull be a great problem. and finally , Check ur Ram because this problem also is related to damaged ram , memcheck is a good soft to test ur memory .
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.