reboots and slow pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok here it goes...i had a problem a while back with my hd..i had to buy a new one and re-install xp...couldnt get into windows or anything on my old one but was able to retrieve some files i needed....anyway since installing the new hd and new xp (the only other new thing would be a dvd burner) i have had many reboots and slow performance...also if i play videos from any site like youtube and stuff it is real choppy and the sound is also choppy.....i read few of the other threads and saw some people posting minidumps so i thought i would give it a try...here it goes

any help would be greatly appreciated
thx Maj

Hi majendie and welcome to techspot. =)

Although I don't do minidump logs, perhaps I could provide some tips if you to speed up your system HERE.

Hope this at least helps a little. Based on your description, it could also be possible that your problem is hardware related, though I couldn't say for sure.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

One of the dumps has a CPU_CALL_ERROR, and this is a sign of a hardware problem. Read cpc2004's post for his record of the error HERE. I've seen it turn out to be a faulty motherboard twice.

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 1, f204c27c, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
*** Possible invalid call from bf813d32 ( win32k!bDeleteRegion+0x33 )
*** Expected target bf80edb0 ( win32k!RGNOBJAPI::~RGNOBJAPI+0x0 )

BUCKET_ID: CPU_CALL_ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back