Recommend me a laser colour printer please

Sarmad

Hi,

Can someone please recommend me a colour laser printer for home use? Resolution should be at least 1200 x 1200 dpi. The option to print both sides of the paper would be nice. Multiple paper trays not necessary, nor anything else that will add unnecessary bulk to its size. There should also be connection for Ethernet and USB. Preferable that it uses separate toner cartridges for the different colours, so if one colour runs out then only that colour needs changing rather than the whole lot.

Thanks.

You realize these are very expensive to both purchase and on a cost/page.

I have a Samsung CLX-6260FW in my office at work. It meets all your requirements and is about $475. I know this because we just replaced it with the same model because the original had some motor failure (google it, apparently its somewhat common). The good news is, it got A LOT of use, so for home use, it probably will last a really long time. We also were able to get around the motor issue for about 9 months by opening and shutting the front access panel (where you get to the toner). jobeard is also right, the toner for these things isn't cheap.

The Brother HL-3710CDW does pretty much everything you want but like most other laser printers, the "compactness" lays in within the eye of the beholder.

Back