Recommendation for up to $700 laptop!!!

By se7en
Aug 9, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello all,

School is starting soon and my parents said I have a budget of about $700 for a new laptop because my desktop is broken. What kind of laptop would you recommend that leans probably 40% towards schoolwork and 60% towards gaming?

Bestbuy has a nice HP laptop that is on sale for $699. I think the specs are good and good graphics card too.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...ategoryId=pcmcat103700050028&id=1180743305065

Otherwise, what do YOU recommend?
  2. MMDominator88

MMDominator88 Newcomer, in training Posts: 152

3. se7en

se7en Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Would a Dell Vostro 1400 be a good choice for a budget around $700 because the specs are quite nice? However, I never had a dell so can't really tell how reliable they are compare to other name brands.
  4. GeekieNick101

GeekieNick101 Newcomer, in training Posts: 524

Well lDell's business line is mostly better but since Vostro is a new line I can't verfiy the different between Inspiron and Vostro lines but I do know the Latitude line is a very good choice.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.