Recovery cd help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
For months now I have been trying to use my recovery cd to start my computer back to new again. Every time I put in the cd it does nothing and if I restart the computer with the disc in it, It pops out the cd and says to hit enter and my computer will now reboot. I never get to start the recovery process. I have the originall recovery disc and it has no scratches on it. I have used it plenty of times in the past so why would it not work. Could I have maybe deleated a file or done something to stop it from reading the disc or what. The computer reads all other disc perfect just not the recovery. I dont get it maybe someone out there can help me please bvefore I toss the whole thing in the trash.

Is the recovery cd for that specific computer? If not, that is why it is being rejected. Also, when the cd is in the drive and the comp is on, does the cd show up when you look in 'my computer'?

yes it is the orignal recovery cd and i have used it before. yes it does show up on my computer if i click it. about a year ago my brother used my computer and deleated some stuff like my speakers. I fixed them by downloading something i forget what it was anyway since than i have not been able to recover my computer. Thought id see if anyone else had the same problem. i dont understand.

there is usually a particular key that is to be pressed during startup to use recovery Cd's. check your computers documentation or go tot eh support online from the PC's maker for specific instructions to use the recovery CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back