TechSpot

Recovery disc Packard bell

By k_logan45
Sep 18, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi every one. I'm really hoping that some one can help.
    My brother has a packard bell PC running windows XP. The problem is that the recovery disk is corrupted and he can't reload the software. Can anyone help...PLEASE, Pretty please with a big cherry on if you like (lol)
    Thanks
    Keith

2. Tekkie

Tekkie TS Rookie

You don't say which model of Packard Bell PC he is using. I have a Packard Bell I Media backup disk Which allows you to load XP from the hidden BACKUP partition. Would this be of use to you?

3. Bucky

Bucky TS Rookie

Recovery Disk

Way back when I did On Phone Tech Support, people would call with the same problem. (Corrupted or Non-Fucntioning Recovery CDS). At that time, the only way to obtain a new CD was to call or write to Packard Bell and for about $45 - $65 they would mail you a new one. Recovery cds are computer model specific.

I would suggest purchasing a full blown copy of Windows XP and using the recovery cd as a drink coaster.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.