Reformatting Problems-XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

fury..

I needed to do a clean reformat, because my computer was infected. anyways, i couldnt find my original boot disc, so i used 1 from my other computer. It worked all fine, but how do i get all my internet and stuff that i need working, if anyone could find a detailed tutorial for this thnx.

if you are using a modem and you are registered with an internet provider, try this. open up EI, type, http://www.google.com into address bar. that usually does the trick. you may need to re-install the drivers for your modem and audio.
the drivers for your modem will be on the disc that came with it. audio drivers for mobo you can download from internet.

ok i will try that, but also can u tell me why its so laggy. it was perfect before, but now its laggy, and i used my authentic serial number, and still says i have 30 days any help on that too?

and how do i know which modem drivers to download?

30 days? You still have to activate it with Microsoft through Internet or phone.

it was perfect before, but now its laggy
You probably need to install your video driver. The interface will run very slowly until you do this.

and how do i know which modem drivers to download?
Do you even use an internal modem to get online? If you have broadband like DSL or cable,it is possible you won't need any drivers at all if your compute plugs into a modem via a network cable. If you're using a USB cable or a dial up modem, then you'll need drivers.

All the drivers you need will be available from your manufacturer's website.

ok ive gotten the mother board drivers and video drivers installed, but i still cant get connected to the internet.

I use Cogeco Cable, i have a RCA broadband Modem, and a linksys router. Do you know where i can download the drivers for this plz? or help on how to get conencted. ive tried all the ways , and they dont work.

go to your CP->Network Connections->Local Lan
pull down the list to Tcp/IP and click properties
set DHCP active for both the IP and the DNS

disconnect the cable from the system and then reconnect.

you can then run->cmd /k ipconfig /all

nothing should show as 0.0.0.0 or look like 169.16.....

ping 66.102.7.147
ping www.google.com

neither should timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back