remove window 2003 server w/o password

Status
Not open for further replies.

VicMom

I have Dell Inspiron 9300 which has window xp home edition os installed before. I installed window 2003 server in the computer. I forgot the password. So I can login in the Windows 2003 server.

I could not boot the window xp home edition , too. It gave me the following error message:

window could not start because of a comuter dis hardware configuration problem.
Could not read from the selected book disk. Check booth path and disk hard
Please check the windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information.

I started the computer Windows Server 2003 as backup recover mode according to some instruction over the internet. I can’t login in as machine administration. It kept giving me password not correct message.

Since I do not have window xp home edition any more, I just want to use a computer. I want to install my window xp profession version.While I put the window xp profession in the CD drive. It could not boot, too.

I do not mind to write out my pc. How can I fix the problem? Thx.

Try to login using safe mode with command prompt and try to delete or rename the .sam file.

Also try to repair the password by booting the computer with the windows2003 CD and then press shift+F10 when it is busy installing the devices.
On getting the command prompt

use the following command.
net user user_name new_password

Hope it should help you.

-- Sebastian Fernandez

how to login using safe mode with command prompt . I can log in with safe mode. but how can I get to command prompt. Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back