Removing thin case badges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMaster

How can I remove thin case badges(I'm changing case)?

I'm not talking about the thick ones with transparent plastic on the front but more about ones made of 3 plies (aluminium, paper, metal sheet), like the "Sounds best on SoundBlaster 24-bit" or "Geared by MSI" if you ever saw these.

Good question, got no idea except razor blade or some type of solution or solvent. But if you do get it off, chances are good the original stick won't be there.

But that leads to another similar question, how to get an XP product key sticker off? For same reason, just changing case or selling a case, whatever. I can work them off with a razor but it ain't pretty.

Windows product key stickers . . . I already saw these. That's super-thin plastic with an aluminium layer under it, no? At least, I never used these stickers.

Can an hair-dryer work? I know that you can easily remove domed badges when it's 45deg.C outside, but it wasn't the case today and I just used a knife. It worked, but I lost some glue. Double-side sticking tape can do the job.

I know that lighter fuel stops glue from sticking, but will it damage the badge? I'll have to find an unused badge somewhere to be sure . . . :evil:

The soundblaster badge is worse than I though, it's not even aluminium, it's plastic!

I use a long bladed utility knife(thin razor blade) and carefully work it off. I used the method to remove a windows xp code sticker without tearing, and a pentium logo sticker. I reapplied the pentium sticker with superglue, but the windows sticker was still sticky so I didn't need glue.

I use a long bladed utility knife(thin razor blade)
Like a swiss knife blade once sharpened? Or Opinel kind(If you know these, french knifes)? Is plastic coming with them at the same time?

I'm not actually changing case, I want to change their place one I finish modding it(Covering it of 1/2" wood)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back