Replace Graphics Card = No Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to change my graphics card. Right now I'm running on VIA/S3G Unichrome Integrated Graphics. I want to change it for a nVidia Geforce2 MX (32 or 64mb). When I put the nVidia in and try to turn it on the monitor stays blank. The light on it flashes like it always has before boot. The monitor never changes from that though. All the fans and everything is working, it just won't display anything. It has done this before...like when OCing too high or just putting a setting to the wrong place. PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP!!...I have already tried changing the settings from PCI to AGP and still no help. I've even taken away all the shared memory for the integrated one while having it agp and then I had to reset my CMOS to get it to boot right again. please help..

this may sound stupid, but are you hooking the monitor into the right spot? you might be in the habit of hooking the monitor into your old device.

SOme motherboards have a jumper you have to change. Is the graphics card PCI or AGP? if its AGP leave the BIOS setting at AGP.

okay, I've tried plugging it into both the old device AND the new one when changing it and neither work. Also, I can't leave it at AGP until the card works or the monitor will go blank after the initial start up procedure...still need help..also have read the entire motherboard manual and have found nothing about a jumper for it...help still wanted...if anyone knows something the manual doesn't or that I missed the mother board is a Chaintech 7VIF4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back