Replaced stock heatsink now VGA card won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchVile

ok my last thread i said that im going to get a new heatsink for my 9800se. so i removed the old heatsink by heating it up and after like 10 mins i took of the heatink no prob. the thermal pad on it was kinda hard to get off of the core, so i went to a website and it said to use a little sand paper to get it off, so i did. and when i was finished. THE CORE WAS FREAKIN EXPOSED UNDERNEATH THE METAL!!!. I SAW THE FREAKIN CIRCUITS AND STUFF!!!! when i plugged the new heatsink and hooked my comp up again i got a crap load of lines and checks all over my screen. help me guys! im sure that my taking the heatink off voided the warranty.

:eek: HaHaHa! that'll teach you!
Just put it down to experience and remember never use sandpaper on a core again.......LMAO i cant believe someone would actually try that :rolleyes:
BTW i think you better go out and buy yourself a new video card

Sandpaper is OK actually.. You must have just overdone it. There is no help for you. You ruined the chip and all you can do is get a new vid card.

Hey Jackace #1 & 2, sand paper is fine on the core he just waay overdid it not realizing. You actually use it to make it more level & less beveled for more surface area with the heatsink for better cooling (or taking off a thermal pad). Im sure theres a name calling or put down rule here at TS and calling him a retard over what he did (which was a total misfourtine, what he was doing wasnt stupid, or "retarded") is way not called for.

Sh!te happens, and Im sure that sucks big donkey balls, big big ones, but it did happen to you, and you are SOL, warrentee etc is def out of the question.

Sorry man :angel:

from the looks of things he never called archville a retard. he was calling the person who posted the idea on where ever he got it from

---agissi--- said:
Hey Jackace #1 & 2, sand paper is fine on the core he just waay overdid it not realizing. You actually use it to make it more level & less beveled for more surface area with the heatsink for better cooling (or taking off a thermal pad). Im sure theres a name calling or put down rule here at TS and calling him a retard over what he did (which was a total misfourtine, what he was doing wasnt stupid, or "retarded") is way not called for.

Sh!te happens, and Im sure that sucks big donkey balls, big big ones, but it did happen to you, and you are SOL, warrentee etc is def out of the question.

Sorry man :angel:
where did you learn how to read? United states. take a better look at what i wrote. i'll be wiating for an apollagy

Nick 2k4 said:
from the looks of things he never called archville a retard. he was calling the person who posted the idea on where ever he got it from
think you could teach Agissi how to read? thanks LOL

loooool,never do this at home.....hih
Maybe there's a big confusion in your mind about what is a heatsink.....it,s not CPU !!!
Could happens....that's it

ArchVile said:
i removed the old heatsink by heating it up and after like 10 mins i took of the heatink no prob.
I think much safer way to remove a heatsink is not to heat it up but to make it colder (with a cold spray, for example).

Case and point proven, but you were implying he'd be just as "retarded" to use the method a retard pointed out. Keep waiting.

Also mic, a great way I've heard is to put the videocard in a ziplock bag so it doesnt get condensation & then place it in the freezer for an hour.

Never tried it but heard it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back