Report: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 reveal coming September 3

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Samsung’s next entrant in the Galaxy Note line is widely expected to debut sometime around the IFA Expo in Berlin but now we’re hearing a solid launch date for the phablet. A source claiming knowledge of Samsung’s plans recently told Android Geeks the Note III will be unveiled at an Unpacked event for media on September 4 just days ahead of the consumer electronics trade show.

The Korean tech giant is also expected to start advertising and perhaps sending out press invitations in August, the source noted. All of this is certainly plausible given Samsung’s history with the Galaxy Note line. It was at IFA 2011 that the company unveiled the original Note which dropped in October. The Note II was revealed during a radio show in August 2012 a few days before that year’s IFA kicked off.

samsung galaxy note samsung galaxy note 3

Exactly what Samsung will bring to the table with the Note III is still up for debate as hardware rumors up to this point have largely been inconsistent. One thing we have been hearing on a consistent basis, however, is that the Note III will be powered by Samsung’s Exynos eight-core processor. With any luck, this powerhouse chip will actually make it into phones sold in North America.

Other rumors suggest the handset will ship with a 5.99-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display, an eight-core Mali 450 GPU, 3GB of system memory and a 13-megapixel camera. The screen size is down from the rumored 6.3-inch monster we initially heard about though.

Permalink to story.

I bought the Dell Streak when came out, and the Note 1 when it was released. I skipped the Note 2, wasn't much of an upgrade, since I had the Note 1. When Note 3 hits, I'm all over it.
5.9" screen would be a big difference from the Note 1.

Back