[Requesting Help]

By tylerb3
Sep 18, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello , first of all i'll introduce myself. I'm Tyler , and I love everything and anything about computers especially gaming.

The Cause
    Well my power goes out probably once or twice a month randomly for like a second for some reason then it comes right back on. Well about 3 weeks ago the power went out and came back on in the middle of the night , and my computer monitor said there was no connection. So we checked the monitor on my other computer , and it worked fine. So we assumed that it was the motherboard.

The Problem
    So I bought a brand new Nvidia Motherboard , and New Memory because I needed DDR2 , installed it and it didn't work. I had to buy a convertor cable because the motherboard was a 24 pin , and my power supply was 20 pin.
    None of my fans will come on either. Both of the motherboard lights come on.

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated. I personally think I might need a new power supply , but I wanted to get some more opinions before I went and spent the money.
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,408   +280

Yep, sounds like your PSU is fried.

Pick up a new one, and a UPS.
  3. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Don't use a converter cable. Buy a new 24 pin power supply. This should cost you between $45 and $75, unless you get fancy.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.