TechSpot

[Requesting Help]

By tylerb3
Sep 18, 2007
  1. Hello , first of all i'll introduce myself. I'm Tyler , and I love everything and anything about computers especially gaming.

The Cause
    Well my power goes out probably once or twice a month randomly for like a second for some reason then it comes right back on. Well about 3 weeks ago the power went out and came back on in the middle of the night , and my computer monitor said there was no connection. So we checked the monitor on my other computer , and it worked fine. So we assumed that it was the motherboard.

The Problem
    So I bought a brand new Nvidia Motherboard , and New Memory because I needed DDR2 , installed it and it didn't work. I had to buy a convertor cable because the motherboard was a 24 pin , and my power supply was 20 pin.
    None of my fans will come on either. Both of the motherboard lights come on.

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated. I personally think I might need a new power supply , but I wanted to get some more opinions before I went and spent the money.

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +394

Yep, sounds like your PSU is fried.

Pick up a new one, and a UPS.

3. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Don't use a converter cable. Buy a new 24 pin power supply. This should cost you between $45 and $75, unless you get fancy.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.