[Requesting Help]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerb3

Hello , first of all i'll introduce myself. I'm Tyler , and I love everything and anything about computers especially gaming.

The Cause
Well my power goes out probably once or twice a month randomly for like a second for some reason then it comes right back on. Well about 3 weeks ago the power went out and came back on in the middle of the night , and my computer monitor said there was no connection. So we checked the monitor on my other computer , and it worked fine. So we assumed that it was the motherboard.

The Problem
So I bought a brand new Nvidia Motherboard , and New Memory because I needed DDR2 , installed it and it didn't work. I had to buy a convertor cable because the motherboard was a 24 pin , and my power supply was 20 pin.
None of my fans will come on either. Both of the motherboard lights come on.

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated. I personally think I might need a new power supply , but I wanted to get some more opinions before I went and spent the money.

Don't use a converter cable. Buy a new 24 pin power supply. This should cost you between $45 and $75, unless you get fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back