TechSpot

Researchers develop "robot muscles" that are 1,000 times stronger than humans

By Shawn Knight
Dec 24, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Incredible strength has traditionally been an attribute of most robots but now, researchers at UC Berkeley are working to make it a reality. They’ve created what is known as artificial muscles that could one day give robots 1000 times the...

Read more

2. Screw robots. I'm thinkin' Jax from Mortal Kombat... Except you'd probably want this on the inside. Cybernetics FTW.

3. yRaz

yRaz TS Maniac Posts: 1,037   +157

I think that without a good power source these seems like they aren't going to be useful for extended periods of time.

4. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

Develop more ways to take our jobs :(

kamz999 and wastedkill like this.
  5. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,192   +246

Isnt this more like circuit muscles than anything? Specially as its like requires a really powerful microscope so in reality this isnt robot muscles as its not a real robot its just a circuit.

6. Those robots are going to kick our asses one day

7. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,600   +629

Once they've reached their predetermined kill limit it will be a non-issue. We just need enough waves of men to throw at them.

8. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,406   +1,594

LOL
    Lets hope it is not a 64-bit kill limit, 18446744073 billion is a huge wave of people.

9. With this tech coupled with THE PETMAN we will be having a war sooner or later . <Terminators>

10. Hopefully these are developed and in production before the eventual rise of the "Kaiju". :eek:

11. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,082   +920

LOL xD.

12. RzmmDX

RzmmDX TS Enthusiast Posts: 213   +29

Kill limit? Why would there be one? It's just going to be in a while infinite loop that breaks once there are no more humans available.

13. Sorry, that's pretty much already happened thanks to affirmative action and the governments inept stance on keeping our borders solid. So what's another thing?

14. Now augment them onto me so I can punch through walls!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.