TechSpot

Restart Trouble

By Unholywater
May 31, 2003
  1. My Documents at startup

The My Documents folder keeps appearing every time I load up windows. How do I keep this from happening?

2. JSR

JSR Banned Posts: 730

run/msconfig

then startup/ disable all/reboot/click the small box lower left on the reminder screen to not show again

3. Unholywater

Unholywater TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 33

There's a ctfmon file that keeps popping up every time I reboot, even though I keep disabling it.

4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

I'm not sure about that My Documents thing, but I found this about ctfmon:

5. Unholywater

When I restart my computer, my desktop theme resets. How do I prevent this from happening?

Edited after merging with your own thread asking one of the questions you just asked in a new thread.

6. Abraxas

Abraxas TS Rookie Posts: 205

I'm not sure, but maybe you don't login as administrator in XP?
    Do you have several user profiles?

7. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,427

As far as your first post problem, go to Control Panel, Folder Options, View. Scroll down close to the bottom and look for "Restore previous folder windows at logon". If is checked, uncheck it. I don't know if this will help you, but I had a folder loading a boot up and it stopped it for me.

8. Unholywater

I'm the only user, and I log in as administrator.

9. Unholywater

Re: run/msconfig

I tried doing that, and it doesn't work. Also my Desktop theme keeps reseting.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.