Restarting on its own

By guillermojm
Jan 19, 2007
  1. i am getting this error in the event log

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007e (0xc000008f, 0xaa929c35, 0xf7cc1b2c, 0xf7cc1828). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini011807-01.dmp.

any ideas?
  2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Hello and welcome to TechSpot!

Go into C:\Windows\Minidump and post the file Mini011807-01.dmp as an attachment into this thread.

Cheers :)
  3. zipperman

zipperman TS Rookie Posts: 1,179   +7

Oops again

Once again,name the OS.PLeeeeeeeeeeeze.
    It could be W3.1 for all i know.
  4. guillermojm

guillermojm TS Rookie Topic Starter

ok here it is its window xp pro service pack 2

Attached Files:

5. guillermojm

Anyone this is really becoming a huge problem...
  6. peterdiva

peterdiva TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,088

That dump's crashed at LVcKap.sys, which looks to be a Logitech Quickcam driver. Do a search for that file on to see if there's any relevant info.

BugCheck 1000007E, {c000008f, aa929c35, f7cc1b2c, f7cc1828}
    Probably caused by : LVcKap.sys ( LVcKap+25c35 )

Image name: LVcKap.sys Timestamp: Tue Dec 19 08:09:11 2006 (45871F97)
  7. darel001

darel001 TS Rookie Posts: 40

sometimes the mini dumps can be wrong , because its what the computer thinks its what is wrong. Make sure its not a MOBO/Ram incompatability.

I had a similar prob , and it turns out it was from a bad type of mobo (any of the same model was bad,, ECS p4m800 pro v2.)
  8. SmileToday

SmileToday TS Rookie

Restarting probs

I too have been having some restarting probs with my comp -winXP pro sp2. It goes to BSOD all of sudden and not when i do any specific thing. A couple of times i got a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL msg, other times there was nothing. I have attached the minidump files, someone PLEASE help. Thanks in advance.
  9. guillermojm

Wel thank you for the replys i did follow instructions on one of the sites you guys lonked me to and it seems to be working fine now.... it seems like this is a major issue with logitech cam owners and they are still waiting for a fix...

thx again guys...
  10. guillermojm

well had the restart again! i guess the fix didnt really work... well dunno what else to do.
  11. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,964   +355

If your motherboard supports voltage sensors, download and run Speedfan to check the power supply's voltage outputs. A weak or failing power supply can cause unexplained restarts.
  12. guillermojm

well i installed it bot how do i know if its weak the power supply?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.