TechSpot

Resume-for Information Systems Entry level Graduate

1. Hi all, crimemastergogo is here to talk abt Technology and ask a hell lot of questions...
    So lets start....

Does anyone has suggestions on resume for an entry level information systems graduate???

regards

2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Hi, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

Do you mean that you need help designing a resume? Or that you need a job? It might help if you clarify this a bit. ;)

Please be sure to read the guide in my signature and to search Google and the TS forums before posting any questions. Enjoy your stay at TS!

Regards :)

3. crimemastergogo

crimemastergogo TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi kitty500cat,
    First of all, pls accept my apology for not searching for the similar post before posting the question.
    Secondly, I've already did a google search but it was of a very little help.
    I'm seeking for a good description of 'Objective' as a fresher in the job market and of course I'm looking for a job in the field of Info.Sys. But at TS I'm not looking for a Job. I seek help designing resume.
    -thanks

4. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Actually, I didn't mean that you had made a mistake, because I don't remember anybody asking this before. That's just something I tell every new member who posts in the Introduce Yourself forum, because a lot of computer-related problems are already asked.

Anyway, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resume

5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

check out serveral postings then tailor your own qualifications to it.

6. crimemastergogo

Thanks Kitty500cat,
    You are very kind
    and thanks for the link too

7. crimemastergogo

Thanks Tedster

8. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

not a prob - but I will warn you that IT is a supersaturated field. There is no such thing as job security unless you work for the government. All of my friends who work in the IT field usually last about 6 to 18 months per job. Personally I would never go into the field as a career choice. I work in a related field in the Army (not by choice) but I am leaving that job for a major military career change shortly.

9. topacu

topacu TS Rookie

I know this is an old thread but I want to be pointed to good resume samples sites.
    I used google first but maybe you know a good one.