Rhapsody gets spun off, lowers monthly fee to $10

By Matthew
Apr 6, 2010
  1. Subscription music service Rhapsody announced today that it has officially separated from former partners RealNetworks and Viacom. To jumpstart its independence, the company has lowered its monthly price from $14.99 to $9.99, and new customers can use the service free for two weeks.

Read the whole story
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

I work right across the street from RealNetworks and have several friends who work there. I knew this was coming six months ago. ;)
  3. You might want to update the story. They just announced the release of the android app today, on the rhapsody company blog at You can already find it on the Android Marketplace too.
  4. IamBD

IamBD TS Rookie Posts: 31

It seems like a good idea, but with free streaming with Pandora and some others on Android, I'm not sure how well it will work. And of course you have the Amazon store for your MP3 downloads which works well. I wish them luck.
  5. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 5,261   +92

Thanks for that, Guest. The post has been updated.
  6. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,528   +831

is it possible to download music from rhapsody? so this is like paying 10 bucks a month for unlimited music?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.