TechSpot

RIAA's mid-year music report reveals paid streaming subscriptions on the rise

By Shawn Knight
Sep 27, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) has released its mid-year report on the music industry. Music sales as a whole were down nearly five percent in the US to $3.2 billion but it's the digital music revenue that most...

Read more

2. SirGCal

SirGCal TS Maniac Posts: 365   +136

I mostly stopped listening to music a while ago. I have my personal library, and I'm tired of all the bickering in the industry to buy more. Plus I'm just not going to pay for basically, radio... sorry. I don't even agree with the sat. radio items. Just doesn't make sense to me. For truckers or someone always on the long haul maybe but... I'll pass.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  3. Movatheaiur

Movatheaiur TS Rookie Posts: 28   +7

I like to own my library. That applies to games, movies,music and software.I pay for Netflix and listen to Pandora but that's for discovering things I may purchase in the future.

4. thelatestmodel

thelatestmodel TS Enthusiast Posts: 87   +22

I don't think you understand what services this article is talking about. Services like Spotify could not be more different from radio - you are in control, not the DJ.

Also, you stopped listening to music? What?

5. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TS Guru Posts: 571   +112

These *****s would make more money if they listen to the customers. This is proof of that.

Good service + Reasonable Price = $$$

Anybody knows that. You dont have to be a rocket appliance.

6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,701   +1,886

I couldn't help but notice that a whole 6.5 million dollars were spent on vinyl records. Which amounts to less than 1/10% of the already "badly sagging" CD sales of 715 million dollars.

Wow whee, that's some trend they got going there, the huge rush back to LPs. It's practically a movement. Better order online, or the crowds at the record store will trample you to death.

You do if you want to entertain disenfranchised housewives...