Right click function

By cogenmaster
May 18, 2004
  1. I seem to have lost my right click function in my start menu. Anyone have a guess? Been through all the properties on the taskbar and the startmenu can't figure it out.

2. Goalie

Goalie TS Booster Posts: 616

What operating system are you using? The steps to repair may vary greatly depending on this.

If it's windows XP, have you tried restoring to a previous working point? See if that brings the context menu back? It's possible that you installed something that broke it.

If not, it's a bit of a pain sometimes to bring that menu back involving quite a bit of registry editing and lookups. Usually it's relinking several registry entries, and an OS reinstall is a better path than fighting those entries.

Hope this helps..
  3. Goalie

Goalie TS Booster Posts: 616

Found this registry file to enable the right click context menu in Windows XP. Dunno if it'll work, or even if it's safe, but I believe it to be a legit file...

Use at your own risk. Suggest saving, then virus scanning to be safe. EDIT: I saved it myself, viewed it, the file looks legitimate and safe.
  4. cogenmaster

cogenmaster TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 117

Registry Value

Thanks Goalie I will give that a try.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.